Thursday 26 January 2012

Gracious knits - Birthday edition

I haven't updated for a few days because I've been working on a top secret project.
My friend Nathan is a gent, and not just any gent, he's my brother from another mother and all round good chap. He has a sapling blog too, Thinking and Tea, which is about, well, thinking and tea.
It was his birthday the other day and he was woefully lacking in knitwear and elbow patches so I decided to remedy this.


I used this pattern and knitted it in one block colour instead of stripes, but I liked the contrasting edges so I kept that. If you like elbow patches, and well you should, they are easy to find on ebay. These ones are imitation leather and were surprisingly simple to stitch, I didn't want to use iron-on patches because I just don't trust them to last.


When giving someone something hand-knitted it's a good idea to provide them with a little care pack of some spare yarn, a spare button, and a wrapper from one of the skeins because it has the material care instructions on it.



One month after I started the project, and one very happy and properly attired birthday bro. I'm going to give my wrists a rest for a few days but I'll be back with something bookish promptly.

2 comments:

  1. Simply wish to say your article is as astonishing. The clarity in your post is Simply great and i could assume you are an expert on this subject. Fine with your permission allow me to grab your feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please carry on the enjoyable work.
    Fulton Corporation TW36WB 36-Inch Long Wrecker Pry Bar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super-Duper blog! I am loving it!! Will come back again. I am taking your feeds also
    Sorel Women's Helen Of Tundra Boot

    ReplyDelete