Friday 13 January 2012

Bumbling Poetry No.1


I mostly believe that poetry should be presented without comment by the author so all I'll say is, don't worry, I'm alright now, and that goes for anything I've felt up to writing about.

Connection

I question you when I think of it
Was it your first time too?
That look of surprise, against my set jaw
Comes to me at odds.

I wonder what you do for a living,
Do you win bread or steal it?
It doesn’t make a difference to us now
It might shade the grey.

In the bravado before and rallying after
Did you waver inside, hidden deep?
Shouldering your chest into my unturned cheek
A stranger felt between us.

I tell myself that you were a child once,
Does mother know how you are?
The tears and sweat to drag you up kicking
But perhaps not for you.

I want to know most for moving on,
How does it feel to think of me?
Sick shame in your stomach or a wry smile
My thoughts spiral far away.

It doesn’t take my breath like it used to
But I’m still scared of the bite
And proud of the character in my face
Since you left the train.

No comments:

Post a Comment